February 3, 2014

Comic - Banana Kill

I found a competition for League of Legends , to create comics on this game theme. I've never done comics before, so I thought I would give it a try . Every experience is good. And I must admit , it is not as easy as it looks.

Comic page took me about a week and I found out a lot of interesting things. Right from the beginning I realized that I am a painter, blend in colors (either physically or digitally ), it is just right thing for me :) . Merely fill in a solid color is so weak , it makes me nervous :P. Yet this comic taught me fully perceive shadows and light. And another thing I have found out, that devise a funny story is another story. :). I like humorous stories but somewhere in the back of my head there are rather images and thoughts about life.... thoughts in pictures, images in thoughts . Most reputable, rumbling somewhere beneath the surface , bubbling in the depths.

So I created a comic not so comic as I would like ( I sound schizophrenically :)) . A viewer / reader must be clearly League of Legends player to be able to understand the humor . But despite everything , it was a really good experience.

And here is my progress .
* * *
Narazila jsem na soutěž pro League of Legends, vytvořit komiks na téma této hry. Ještě jsem komiks nikdy nedělala, tak jsem si řekla, že to zkusím. Každá zkušenost je dobrá. A musím uznat, není to tak jednoduché jak to vypadá.

Komiks mi trval asi týden a přišla jsem na spoustu zajímavých věcí. Hned ze začátku mi došlo, že jsem malíř neboli patlal :) , matlat se v barvě (ať už fyzicky nebo digitálně), to je moje :). Jen vyplnit místo jednolitou barvou je tak nedostačující, jsem z toho nervózní :P . Přesto mě tento komiks učil plně vnímat stíny a světlo. A další věc, na kterou jsem přišla, bylo zjištění, že vymyslet srandovní příběh je úplně jiný kafe. Já jsem spíše na čajíček :) . Ne že bych neměla ráda humor, že by mě občas taky něco směšného nenapadlo, ale tam někde vzádu v hlavě mám spíše obrazy a myšlenky o životě .... myšlenky v obrazech, obrazy v myšlenkách. Většinou seriózní, dunící kdesi pod povrchem, bublající v hlubinách.

Vytvořila jsem tedy komiks né tak komiksový jak bych si přála (zním schizofrenicky :)). A divák/čtenář zjevně musí být hráčem League of Legends, aby byl schopen pochopit humornou stránku. Ale přesto všechno, byla to opravdu dobrá zkušenost.

A tady je můj postup.

Sketch - Skica

Lineart - Lineart (český překlad snad neexistuje)

Finished comic page - Hotový komiks.

No comments:

Post a Comment