July 25, 2016

Traditional painting - The Landscape - commission

I recently got a commission for a bigger landscape and I'm glad for it. For the first time I painted in oils on a larger canvas, and I had an opportunity to try out this medium with all the trimmings. The format was 70 cm x 50 cm and I had a lot of freedom within. The theme was the mountains, water, quiet and peace. Precisely the reasons why we are going to the countryside. :) The work on this commission took me about two months, the oils cannot be rushed, but it has its pros, I had the opportunity to think more about nature, life and the medium itself. As always, a great experience.

Landscape 70cm x 50cm, oils on canvas.
* * *

Nedávno jsem dostala zakázku na větší krajinku a jsem za ni moc ráda. Poprvé jsem malovala olejem na větší plátno a mohla jsem si tak vyzkoušet toto médium se vším všudy. Formát byl 70cm x 50cm a já měla celkem volnou ruku. Tématem  byly hory, voda, klid a mír. Přesně to, proč chodíme do přírody. :) Práce na této zakázce mi trvala asi dva měsíce, olej se prostě nedá uspěchat, ale má to své klady, měla jsem tak možnost více se zamyslet nad přírodou, životem i samotným médiem. Jako vždy, výborná zkušenost.

Krajina 70cm x 50cm, olej na plátně.


Landscape - Krajina



No comments:

Post a Comment